jeudi, février 02, 2006

Please Let it Rain!!!

Howdy! Really, we do need rain out here pretty bad. We haven't had any really significant rainfall since October 27th. We did get a little rain early last Friday morning, but it was just enough to dampen everything. It was nice to see it though! There have been several prairie fires in the surrounding areas and several fire bans have been put into effect. Please pray for rain out here in Texas!
Well, the little cuties left to go home about a week ago. I miss them, but I do enjoy it being rather quiet around the house. When they were here it was sometimes hard to think. I am kind of concerned about my nephew Samuel though. He has a little bit of a speech problem and we are kind of wondering if he may have a hearing problem. We think he may have a hearing problem because he seems to always yell when he talks and when Julie tries to get him to pronounce something correctly like Bambi he can't seem to hear her say that last b sound. If you could keep him in your prayers! He really is a sweetheart and I'd hate for him to have those kind of problems when he grows up.
Well, I hope to talk to ya'll soon!!! God bless!

2 commentaires:

polemic turtle a dit…

My little sister, Bethany, was the same way, I think from what you're saying, and a lot of people told us she needed therapy, but we always just shrugged them off and now she speaks very well and you'd never know she had problems pronouncing things before. It might be that Samuel thinks you can't hear him well enough when you're always asking him to repeat what he's saying because he pronounces it wrong and so he yells to compensate. Just a thought.. ;-)

Children... I think my even younger sister Rebecca still says "pupple" instead of "purple"; she's so funny, though, and I think she'll grow out of it. Jacob, on the other hand, was speaking extremely articulately before he could even walk, I think. He'd assure us at the dinner table that he wanted "too much" potatoes, pie, or whatever it was that was being served. Whatever it was, he wanted "too much". :-)

Oh, children... Especially when they're small and sweet! :-)

HandmaidenforHim a dit…

I used to tell my mom when I was little that I was full of hands instead of my hands were full. Well, the main concern we have about Samuel is because even when we just are talking normal to him he seems to talk a lot louder than is necessary and Mom said that it seems that people with hearing trouble do that. But, who knows we might just be getting worried over nothing.