samedi, février 11, 2006

Flowers bloomin' in the pasture brinnnng back memories of childhood....


Well, do I remember the songs Granny used to play on her CD player while we were at her house. They kind of had a gospel/bluegrass twang. Some of their songs sounded like barbershop, but they were rather boring or extremely weird. We used to have what we would call a day at Granny's house about once a week back when we lived in Georgia. See, a lot of our cousins lived close by so we'd all get together after school and play games or whatever. Well, one time Justin and my cousin David got a tape of one of those songs that sounded weird. It was of Rock of Ages but on the word "cleft" the guy would go a couple octaves higher all the sudden and hold it for a couple of seconds. What Justin and David did was keep rewinding it on that one word. Granny made them stop after they kept doing it and doing it, but it was kind of funny. After most of the cousins quit coming because they grew up, we quit having our day at Granny's house. I still have wonderful memories of playing there and I always think of them when I go back to visit. Ah! memories! Well, I have to go! I did take the ACT today and it went fine. I'll tell you more details later!!! :)

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Ah, yes. I remember watching Granny's cartoon movies that she had. I vividly remember one with a flea on the back of a dog singing, "Food around the corner, food around the corner, food around the corner for me, dum di dum dum dum dum. Food around the corner, food around the corner, food around the corner, for MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" And other songs, but I won't get into those others. It would take to long.

polemic turtle a dit…

Alas, three fourths of my grandparent dispensation are out of state, so I don't have very many memories like that. :-(