Hallelujah!!! It rained last night! Oh, I'm so happy! I'm not sure how much we got, but it was great to wake up and see everything wet outside! We went about ninety something days without any rain whatsoever. The Lord answered our prayers, but we still need more rain so continue to pray.
Well, I'm at the moment alone in the house. Mom and Jesse are gone to Lubbock because Jesse is involved in something. There's this guy who is doing a study on whether public schoolers or homeschoolers have more confidence in math and how they perform. He's doing this for his theisis and his theory is that homeschoolers are more confident. He is also providing a free IQ test to any kids willing to do it. Course, there is an age limit so I'm too old. I found out about it from my math teacher and I passed it on to mom who got in touch with him. So, that's what they're up to. Dad is at work at the moment and probably won't get home for another hour. So, the house is all to myself! Okay, it is kind of lonely around here I will admit, but I went ahead and got my chores done around the house that I normally do on Saturday. I was doing that because I'm going to take a practice ACT test tomorrow morning and I want to have that other stuff out of the way.
Well, I've lately been reading Quo Vadis for a book report book. It is interesting, but not very accurate regarding the way it shows Christians. It is basically about a Roman soldier who falls in love with a Christian girl during the time of Nero. The problem is that they show the early Christians as being Catholic. Any of us that have study any church history know that the Catholic church did not come along until later. There is also the problem of the Christians in the book basically worshiping Peter and Peter baptizes them by sprinkling them. I guess I shouldn't be too suprised since the guy who wrote the book was Polish.
Well, I guess I shall go for now! Thanks for reading! God bless!
vendredi, février 03, 2006
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)

4 commentaires:
The early church was called Catholic because the word signifies "universal" and the church in that day was undivided by any major denominations or contrary articles of faith. Therefore, they were "catholic", but not in the Romish sense.
I think the first documented case of sprinkling was of Novation in his deathbed around 250AD. :-\ Before then, it was assumed to be by immersion.
I saw the movie, Quo Vadis...it was very good. I cannot remember if they portrayed Christians as catholics or not, but regardless, if you haven't seen it, I recommend it (althought it is not as good as the book - they never are, you know).
They DO definitely portray Christians as Catholics. That's about the only problem with the movie.
We actually have the movie and they do potray the Christians as Catholics.
Enregistrer un commentaire