All right, all right, I know I should have posted sooner, but really, I have been busy lately! We did have a wonderful visit with my sister's family and we still can't wait until they finally move out here whenever that will be. Samuel told me that they needed to move to Texas to get a new house because their house in MS is old. He also said that he wanted to live close by so that he could come over to play. I thought that was cute. It really was hard doing school while they were here. Samuel kept begging me to come play with him every time I came out of the room I was doing my schooling in. When I finally did get to play with them, they wore me out. On Friday morning I was suffering from what my sister called the niece and nephews syndrome. I had this awful headache and an aching back and an historical moment happened that night! I actually asked my Dad to adjust me! I never voluntarily ask for an adjustment, but, hey, when you're desperate you'll ask for something to relieve the pain.
But, alas! Me poor brother Jesse is very ill and has been since yesterday morning. The poor boy wasn't able to hardly keep anything down and he can hardly speak because his throat hurts so bad. Mom took him to the doctor this afternoon and it was determined that he has strep. I really feel sorry for him because I know what it feels like to be so miserable. I got really sick with strep at my sister's house last March, and it was terrrible! I don't know what it is, but it seems almost uncanny how about every time we stay at her house we seem to get sick. Course, later Julie found that in the room where I was staying that there was a lot of black mold in the carpet. So, they have since taken up the carpet.
Well, part of my reason for not posting in so long is that I've been studying to retake the ACT in about two weeks. My math teacher and I have been going over some algebra to refresh my memory. I was supposed to go today for another tutoring session, but Jesse was too sick for Mom to leave him to take me which was okay with me because we were able to work out another time this week.
Church went great yesterday! I really enjoyed Brother Tom's sermon. He is at the moment preaching through the book John and we are studying Isaiah at our Bible studies. It really is an interesting study! I made peanut butter-chip cookies to take to church and they went over well. Oh! And dear Sister Ruth brought her mouthwatering fried okra! Oh, it was heavenly, and she also told me to take home any leftover okra. Mmmmmmmm....
Well, dear reader, I'm sorry if I've bored you, but hopefully you were able to find something at least partway interesting in this post. :) God bless!
lundi, janvier 30, 2006
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)

2 commentaires:
Oh, bother, don't apologize; that wasn't boring; it's good to see another post out of you, especially one where "Aunt Stacey" is having fun with the cuties! ;-) Take good care of'em; I could well imagine everyone who sees them wants to take them home and keep them!
I am actually able to do email today! (maybe that shot at the doctor's office DID do some good. j/k)
Enregistrer un commentaire