lundi, janvier 16, 2006

La la sol la sol la sol la la mi fa sol la sol la....

I believe that was the alto syllable line from Eternal Day at the beginning. It kind of came to my head so I was just typing what I could remember from singing it. Well, while my mind is on Sacred Harp, I thought I might tell you a little bit about the Sacred Harp singing we went to at the Episcopaleon church last night. It sounded really good even though it was very slow. What they need is someone from the Southeast to come show them how it's supposed to be really sung. Course, they're learning. I actually did get up and lead one with Kathy. It was one called Shawmut. The song talks about repenting and presenting an humble contrite heart before God. What was interesting was that the last time we had gone there Mom, Jesse, and Joe(Taylor) were visiting with one of the ladies from that church after the singing when they usually offer refreshments. The lady up and said that she knew that some people thought the ACLU was an awful organization and later said that she was a member of the ACLU board of Lubbock. Mom said that she and Jesse and Joe all looked at her rather stunned but didn't say anything. It is kind of interesting that someone claiming to be a Christian would be a member of an anti-Christian organization. Oh, well, ta ta for now!

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

If I hadn't any manners, my mouth would've dropped open. :)

polemic turtle a dit…

I hope, for her sake, that's she's inconsistent in her adherance to their doctrine. :-s