mercredi, octobre 25, 2006

Weekend Fun

Well, howdy! Everything's pretty busy right now. My sister and her family are definitely moving out here next week! We'll actually have to leave the day after our meeting to head out there to help them move. So, I get a week off from school! YAY!!!!! Somehow we're going to have to pack during the meeting or something. I'm still kind of in shock that they're actually moving out here. We've had so many false alarms when we thought that they were going to be moving that I'm still in a state of denial in a sense. ;) It really is exciting! We'll finally have a lot of little kids in our church!
Well, this past weekend was a lot of fun! Jesse and I went to one of my friend's house for the weekend. A couple of other friends came also and we went over to the RHC and participated in a day where they show the public how the pioneers used to live. We dressed up 1880s style and did handwork such as embroidery and crocheting, showed people how the pioneers used to dry fruit for the winter, handed children pieces of fruit to hang on a line, sang good ole songs such as "Sweet Prospect", "Wondrous Love", "Hail, Sovereign Love", and a couple of other songs, and talked to many interesting people. I really enjoyed myself though my hair was quite incooperative when I tried to get it to look old-fashioned. Many of you with very fine hair would probably understand. Anyway, we all had fun later back at the house talking and joking. I always look forward to participating in activities at the RHC. I was going to post some pictures, but I forgot to load them on here beforehand. I'll try to later.
Well, I baked my beloved Peanutbutter chip cookies along with some chocolate chip cookies last night. Hopefully, that will bribe some of you into coming to our meeting. ;) I'm also to bake a pound cake later today, so no slamming doors or stomping around the house, Jesse!!! I hate it when you slave over making a cake and it has the audacity to fall! Ah, well, such is life! Talk to ya later and God bless!

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Well, your cake didn't fall, and Julie and James are out here safely!