lundi, octobre 09, 2006
The Ditsy Cheerleaders
Today I went to a special day they had for incoming freshmen at the college I was accepted at. It started around 7:30 a.m. and Mom and I had to leave really early to get there on time. Well, we're all sitting there half awake in the basketball arena and this music that sounds very similar to circus music starts up and all these people (the girls looked like they were in bathing suits) start jumping and flipping around all over the basketball court yelling all this rather incomprehendable stuff. We're all kind of sitting there like *what?*. Then these people start coming out trying to teach us this fight song and whatnot and we're still sitting there rather half dazed. After all this is over this really ditsy looking blonde-haired cheerleader skips across the court with her male companion. She comes up to the podium and says, "Hi, I'm Ashley! and this here is:" pointing to her male friend, who says, "David" and I'm thinking, you mean Barbie and Ken, right? She then starts rambling on in this Barbie voice (if you can imagine) about all this stuff that cheerleaders get free around the campus and blah blah blah blah blah..... Then she steps back and by this time I'm about to die laughing because she totally fit the definition of ditsy, and this other dance girl (a different type of cheerleader) named Amie who was a little less ditsy talks for a while about what kind of stuff she does and gets. I'm kind of watching the first ditsy pom-pom girl just to see what exactly she is going to do and I notice that her face lights up and her hands go over her mouth like she forgot to tell us all something very important. When Amie gets done Ashley comes back up to the podium and says in her very Barbie voice, "Oh, by the way, I forgot to tell you, we also get free teeth whitening! *giggle, giggle*" By this time I was about to roll in the floor with laughter and was having a terrible time trying to not just burst out laughing. I'm still laughing about it and I think that was one of the highlights of my day. HAHA!!! Ah, well, a day without laughter is a day wasted as the saying goes. The rest of the day went okay though it was rather eventful. It was interesting that Mom and I got the same bus driver three times when there were several other buses. He was a nice older guy probably in his sixties who was very friendly and happy to talk about what buildings we were passing and the new things that were being built. Mom's always had a special respect for bus drivers since her daddy drove a bus in Atlanta, Ga. after WWII. Anyway, I do think I've found which dorm I want to try to get into and I found out a lot of information that I needed to know. Boy, I sure am sore though from climbing so many stairs. Maybe I'm just getting old *snicker, snicker* Well, I just thought ya'll might get a kick out of how funny the ditsy cheerleader was. Oh, boy,......
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)

1 commentaire:
I can just imagine!
Enregistrer un commentaire