dimanche, novembre 12, 2006

Texas Ho!!!!!!

Yes, my sister's family is officially moved out here and they've found a double wide mobile home that they're in the process of buying. We left after I got back from Chemistry class about two weeks ago and got to their house the next day. We then packed up everything by Wednesday afternoon and headed for Little Rock, Arkansas. Jesse and I ended up having to ride with Julie and James because some of their stuff had to be packed in Dad's truck. I ended up sitting by my nephew Benjamin for most of the trip and was used as a sticker post (They were playing with Julie's old address labels), a pillow, a chip bag opener, an entertainer, and an all-around good ole auntie. The trip from Little Rock to home took about twice as long because of the several stops we had to make and having to travel slower because of pulling trailors. My main trouble was when my allergies started acting up. I'm feeling some better now, but I'm still having trouble with them. Anyway, it's so great to have them out here!!!! I do feel sorry for David though, he's only about 18 months old and has no idea of what's going on. The rest of the kids seem extremely excited to be in Texas. Samuel said that he wants to be in Texas forever and I hope, if God wills it, they will.
The past week has been tough for me which is part of the reason I haven't posted in a while. The election results really discouraged me and I was upset and frankly, a little scared. With the Democrats now in the majority in Congress, it seems that our country really is going down a lot quicker than I thought. I'm not saying that the Republicans were perfect. I didn't like their spending habit or some of their ethical problems, but I truly believe they would have been a better alternative to the Democrats. I do know, however, that God is still in control and if I didn't have Him to depend on, I'd be in the depths of despair at the moment. What I think really encouraged me was seeing Facing the Giants last night. If you haven't seen that movie, you should! I think it is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time! Anyway, I would ask you to join me in praying for this our beloved Columbia that she might turn from her wicked ways and seek God.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

The election results (and our country in general) reminds me of "When Abram Full of Sacred Awe."

HandmaidenforHim a dit…

Dittos!