I have to take an ACT tomorrow! I have to take the writing test because colleges are now requiring that students take the writing ACT for admittance. So I basically have to write an essay afterwards. It was rather nuts because we didn't realize that I would need to practice for it until Tuesday. I was asking my math teacher for some advice and she said, "Well, of course, I assume you're practicing," and I kind of gave her a blank look and said,"Ummm....well, I didn't know you could practice." She told me where to get a practice book and I've been doing a couple of practice tests and practicing writing essays. Mom felt so bad that she hadn't thought of it before. The test will take 2 hours and 55 minutes. :/ The longest break I'll get is 15 minutes to gulp a DP down and eat a snack. I'll probably be brain-dead by the time I get home. Please keep me in your prayers tomorrow!!!!
Well, besides studying for the test I've been doing Calculus homework(sounds real fun, doesn't it?). I did get my first real taste of Calculus on Tuesday. I got to learn one definition of a derivative. It's not too hard at the moment. I basically just use algebra to solve the problems. It'll probably get more challenging later on, but at least I have a good teacher! :D
Well, Odessey is coming on now. It's such a cool program even though I don't agree with all their doctrine! Talk to you later and God bless!!!!
vendredi, octobre 21, 2005
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)

6 commentaires:
Studying might be a better use of your time than praying ...
..but the former without the latter could prove disastrous. I suppose only a Christian would understand it, but if you have the ability to ask assistance from the Living God, to refrain from doing so would be, in the word of John Gill, "stupid".
Of course, to a degree, "God helps those who held themselves", so it would as foolish to do the latter without the former as the inverse would be.
(1 Corinthians 1:25) Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
(1 Corinthians 2:14) But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
(1 Corinthians 3:19) For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
I will have you to know that praying did help, and I did study a whole lot. If it wasn't for His help I probably would not have been able to get through it!
How did you do, by the way? Or do you know, at this point?
I prayed for you.
I hope it wasn't as bad as thought it was going to be! It is tedious, but I did not find it as hard as I expected.
I'm not sure how I did yet. They said I'd find out in 4-7 weeks. It was really difficult in some ways. I was really tired when I got home.
Enregistrer un commentaire