mardi, octobre 25, 2005

I Survived!!!!!

I did survive the ACT. It was easier in some ways than I thought it would be, but it was still rather difficult. The science was awful! I think I guessed on just about every one of them. Mom said I looked pretty "white around the gills" when I came home. She said that I was really pale and my lips were white. It's kind of funny because I went to the gas station that's next to the school and across the street from our house to get a DP. I was pretty tired, and needed something. The guy at the cashier looked at me kind of weird, and I guess he probably doesn't usually see people that pale walking in. It was really amazing because I know a lot of prayers were being lifted up for me, and thank ya'll who did pray for me. A couple of nights before the test I came across Ps. 31:24. It says "Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord." I would keep repeating that to myself when I got nervous or discouraged. That really helped along with chewing Icebreakers. :)
That night we went to our pastor's house for supper. They seem to have settled okay since their move back in July. They have quite the animaly population now too. They have 11 cats, 2 dogs, and 3 horses. They showed us some land they are thinking about buying. The hamburgers were really great too, and it was nice to visit with them. We were mainly talking about how suprising it is that so few people believe that there is an absolute truth. Rather weird, huh?
Well, today has gone fine. I went to math class as I usually do twice a week. It was kind of funny because as I walked into class one of the guys was laying on the floor behind the table because he was so tired. He then asked some of the other kids who had entered and they told he should sit up and see for himself. When he saw it was me he smiled and said, "Oh, hey, Stacey. I can always remember you because you're the only one that always wears a skirt." He seems to have a hard time remembering names, apparantly. I wasn't offended at all, I really thought it more funny than anything because he's kind of a wacky guy. It does seem kind of weird to be only remembered as a wearer of a skirt, but I guess it kind of makes me stick out like a sore thumb. It's rather sad that more people don't try to dress modestly. It's kind of funny to see what kind of dress some people come out of Wal-Mart wearing. It was funny one day because an Mennonite woman walked into Wal-Mart when Mom and I were coming out one time. We were dressed almost exactly the same, and she kind of looked at me weird. Course, I'm not at all Mennonite. They have some rather off- the- wall doctrine if you ask me. Oh well, guess I better go. See ya!!!!

1 commentaire:

polemic turtle a dit…

It bears repetition; I like skirt-warring womens.. :-B

It sort of seperates the feminine and motherly girls from the feminist and worldly girls, in my mind, at least for the most part. Dem Biblical womens... *shakes head*