mardi, septembre 20, 2005

Rather Concerned

We found out yesterday that a hate crimes bill was passed on the sly. This hate crimes bill would make it illegal to speak out against homesexuality. This, of course, greatly concerned us and we had a word of prayer on behalf of our nation. You can find out more about it by going to http://www.citizenlink.org
It sure is sad to see the way this country is headed. I've always enjoyed studying American History and I often catch myself longing for the days when God and his grace were talked about as often as we talk about the weather. But I cannot allow myself to do that. God put me in this time for a purpose, and I am to be content. I may not know that purpose, but my heavenly Father does!!!
Well, my day does seem to be going well, by the way. School wasn't too bad. I can't wait for summer even though school just started a couple of weeks ago.

3 commentaires:

foreverlastinglife a dit…

was that a national hate crimes bill or just for a certain state?

HandmaidenforHim a dit…

It's a naitonal hate crimes bill that was hidden in a bill about children. We heard about it on Focus on the Family.

polemic turtle a dit…

One could almost say that we're regressing into secularism, but I have some confidence, whether valid or no, I can not tell.

I hear of a revival and renewed interest in the present generation, as opposed to the rebellion expressed and established by the previous generation of people. That means while they were waxing greater and great in secularism while living in the light of their Christian parents, we shall perhaps do the inverse in our not-quite-as-Christian parents. It's time for spring cleaning, don't you feel? The church needs renewal in their practice and fellowship with God. Social change starts with us, you know. :-)