





Hey! Well, Candlelight really was a lot of fun!!! A lot of people came by and watched us, but it didn't seem to be as many as there were in previous years. We were in the Box and Strip House which is called that because of the way it's built. It was kind of funny the really stupid comments people would make while passing through. Jesse and Rachel were playing cards and Chinese checkers on the floor in front of the door usually, and at least two people asked if there were cards back then. One person even made the statement that she was sure that there wasn't cards back then. Then while I was crocheting by lamplight people kept saying that I was knitting and that I was probably going to ruin my eyes. It was pretty cold but we kept pretty cozy by our pot-belly stove. One person actually called it an iron-belly stove. Oh well, it was pretty fun nonethless! Well, I have to go! I'll tell you more about it later! Talk to you soon and God bless!!!!

5 commentaires:
Jesse looks pretty happy to be the only boy in the house. He wasn't feeling bossy, was he?
Playing cards were in China around 1000 AD and in Europe around 1300. I'd say it's easy to guess that they were available two centuries ago. People.. :-)
Nope, actually my friend Shanna, who was in charge, was the one who told everyone what to do. One person claimed as they saw me crocheting by lamplight that I was Laura Ingalls crocheting something. That was rather interesting I thought. ;)
Yes, she was in charge of the WHOLE operation in the Box and Strip House.
Yes, and it's so fun to do. It was really funny when I was putting cloves in oranges (they make good air fresheners. The one I made is still in my room.) someone said that I was putting cinnamon sticks into the orange! It was hard to contain my laughter, but thankfully I did.
You two make good little pioneer children. :-)
Enregistrer un commentaire