jeudi, juillet 10, 2008

Pictures Coming Soon!

Yes, I'm back and have been back for quite a while, just keep forgetting to get on here. I will post pictures of my jouneyings soon. I don't have access to them since I'm at work (Yes, I do surf the internet at work when there's nothing to do) and I won't be home until tomorrow evening. If you have a facebook, I have posted them on there also. If you don't, I'll try to post some ASAP.

I had an absolutely wonderful time at both Harmony Hill and Camp Moriah. I think this year at HH was probably my favorite. We had several people missing because of jobs and school, but it was so sweet for those of us that were there. The theme was delighting to the will of God which was very fitting for me since I have a lot of decisions that are coming up for me to make. The singing was also so beautiful. We all really felt the Spirit there. What a sweet time and place!

Camp was also incredibly blessed. We had a lot of people come this year. The theme was the attributes of God which I really enjoyed. It's just amazing learning about all the different attributes of this awesome God we serve! I also had so much fun with my counselor group. I had the 6-8 year olds this year again, and although it was kind of tough to keep their attention at the beginnning of the week, we ended up having a wonderful time learning more about our Heavenly Father. I still find it amazing to find out how much some of those youngsters really do listen to sermons and have some mature questions. One little girl asked me while I was talking to them about the wrathfulness of God if God hates the child of God that hasn't been born again yet. I was rather surprised to hear this question from a seven year old, but tried as best I could to answer as well as I could so that she could understand. I still stand in awe of God and His majesty. He is just so far above us and we in our feeble minds can hardly even comprehend Him! I think though one of my favorite times was that night we sang "It Is Well With My Soul" because it was just so powerful! I wonder what it was like for Andrew B. leading to stand up in front of those three hundred people singing that song and feel the power full force.

Of course, I also loved getting to fellowship with friends and family at both places. If you go to Camp long you find out that most of the people there are related somehow. Though I can't claim everyone there as a cousin, I can say that I'm related to a large number of folks that usually come and I find that to be a great blessing. It's always a blessing to see even those in your extended family following the Lord and teaching their children to do likewise. A lot of my friends and I had a wonderful time getting to catch up and had several laughs and giggles. Come on, what are friends for but to be there when you need them and also help you laugh. :)

To more recent history.....

I am glad to say that my room looks a lot better right now though it's not completely cleaned up yet. I took my long weekend last weekend since I had the 4th off and just worked on cleaning and sorting. I now have a lot of stuff moved to Shanna's house and have a few more things to go through when I get home. I mostly just have a couple of suitcases and some bags to sort. So, I am making progress. The main thing I'm waiting on right now is finding a chest of drawers (generally known around my household as chester drawers) at a cheap price to be able to put clothes in. Once I get that I can take the huge suitcase and unload it at Shanna's and that will take care of some of the mess. I did find a computer desk that I bought for $10 from a member of our church! That was quite a blessing, and I'm praying that I'll find a good price for a chest of drawers also.

Well, as far as pictures go, I might actually try copying some from facebook on here. Hadn't thought of that. I might try to tackle that this evening, so be patient, I'll get to it. Talk to you soon and God bless!

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

It was too bad that at HH I had so much trouble with that heat exhaustion. Blech! I hope I never have that again! Camp was such a blessing and was so much fun. In the words of Mr. Bennet, having Abraham as a counselor was "exceedingly diverting." ;-D

So much like girls to giggle! ;-P