mercredi, août 01, 2007

I was in a semiconscious state early this morning when suddenly....

I heard the garage door open! I was in my friend's house alone and didn't know what to do! The house is probably being robbed I thought! Should I panick? Should I scream? Nah...I'll just go back to sleep.
I know it sounds cowardly, but I really wasn't quite awake at all. I can't really think right if half my brain is still asleep. Then I heard this Celtic music playing, you know, the kind that makes you want to slip even further into subconsciouness. Then the thought popped into my head: Wait a minute! If someone was breaking into Shanna's house, they wouldn't be playing Celtic music! (That is unless they're extremelely weirdly Irish and must do a jig while plummaging their victim's house.) I then realized that it was only Shanna returning from work and I could calmly enjoy my last thirty minutes of sleep. Ah..........
*Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Beep Beep*
That is, of course, until one of the most hated noises in the world disturbed my slumber. "Oh, yeah, I'm supposed to go to work today....." So, I jump --Uh, well actually, the right word would be: drag myself out of bed and try to wake myself. I then go about trying to prepare myself for yet another day of work besides the fact that I've got to pack up my things to return home for a night. I did triumphantly make it out the door or rather garage door by 9:05 a.m.! Aren't you proud of me? I also arrived at work at 9:30 and was able to get in thirty minutes extra work. It was also nice not to have to keep circling the parking lot this morning trying in vain to find a parking space. That's just campus life for you, I suppose.
I do enjoy my work. I work in the accounting building on campus as a student assistant. Doesn't it sound nice so far? It's relatively quiet besides the constant sound of the keyboard and scanner. There's probably about 10 accountants in the hall where I mainly work. Many of them can be pretty nutty and are enjoyable to work with. I do several miscellaneous jobs not limited to scanning and indexing documents which includes arguing with the troublesome scanner, mail run, making labels for files (which can be a little tedious and sometimes frustrating), filing, filing, and more filing, mailing out documents after they've been put in order, and whatever other little jobs they hunt up for me to do. It was pretty humorous yesterday when our power went out. I was in the middle of printing some labels when suddenly the lights blinked and everything just quit. It took about an hour to finally get the power back on, but even then the computers were still not really working. So, we sat around labeling files until I left to head back to Shanna's. It definitely hasn't been boring! I must say, though, this job has been an answer to prayer! I don't have to work on weekends and they close at five! I hope everyone else is doing well! God bless

1 commentaire:

Mimigrace08 a dit…

I hope you have a great year as a freshman!!!