vendredi, juin 29, 2007

Snapshots of Camp





Fun in the Mud


I'm A Survivor!
The Battle!

"I am smitten!" said King Ahab
Watermelon Eating Contest

Yes, I must say that it was a wonderful week at Camp! The theme this year was the sovereignty of God. I really got a lot out of the wonderful sermons that were preached and Brother Zack lead a very good Bible study. I must say though, my toes were stepped on during many of those sermons and I see some areas in my life that I really need to work on.

One of the greatest highlights of Camp for me was Quiet Time with our group. Two of my friends and I had the 6-8 year old girls and we had a wonderful week together. I was a little nervous about being a counselor for the first time, but the Lord really answered my prayers for our little group. Now I have a lot of little friends and I hope that they will remember some of what we talked about during the week and use it in their lives. If nothing else, they did learn a new song that they can sing to themselves! :)

Okay, those of you who weren't at Camp are probably staring at the picture of the Challenger Survivor sticker and wondering what that's supposed to mean. I shall quickly explain! Brother Abraham F. started something new this year called "The Challenge". Basically, he lead us in intensive aerobic exercises and a little running for about thirty minutes or more early in the morning. I don't think I'll ever forget having Sister Judy as a leap frog partner! Most of us who braved The Challenge all week were very sore afterwards. Usually the indicator as to who had been doing The Challenge was if they groaned when they stood up after sitting for a while. I'm trying to continue The Challenger here at home though definately not to the same degree.

On a different note, I would like to shout "HALLELUJAH!!!!" through cyberspace. THE IMMIGRATION BILL DIDN'T PASS!!!!!! Oh, I was so relieved that it didn't!! What an answer to prayer!

Have a wonderful weekend, everybody, and God bless!

3 commentaires:

Mimigrace08 a dit…

I'm glad at least a few people have posted about Camp! I agree, quiet time with our group was the best time of the day. Being a counselor was a great blessing to me.

Are you going to the Memphis Meeting? I'm going if i can find a ride.

HandmaidenforHim a dit…

I'm hoping to be at the Memphis Meeting, Lord willing, but we'll have to see how things go.

Anonyme a dit…

I hope we can go to MM!