Yes, I'm back! I was gone for two weeks on a "Southern tour" per se. I also have been sick most of this past week, so understandably haven't been on here. I'm recovering well and believe that I shall survive! Jesse is doing very well if any of you are wondering. There looks to be a very good possibility of his skin graft taking.
I traveled with my sister's family to Georgia a couple of weeks ago. I must say that it was an interesting trip. We arrived at my oldest brother's house and enjoyed our stay there. One night I sat down and watched The Village for the first time while wrapped up in a blanket. Boy, did I jump in some parts!
Our family get-together went well although many people were missing because of sickness or other reasons. Our usual Sacred Harp singing seemed to go well also, even though I ended up being the only alto for most of it. :/ My aunt's apple cider was absolutely delicious, as usual! My brother Stephen was also able to come which was a treat since we don't get to see him much anymore.
We then headed on to my Grandmother's former residence to camp out for what we thought was a couple of nights. It was quite interesting hunting for places to eat on Christmas Eve. After finding a few things at a gas station we were able to find a Chinese restaurant!!! It was just like on A Christmas Story when they end up eating at a Chinese restaurant because the next door neighbors' dogs ate the turkey. We ended up having to stay at my Grandmother's house longer than we had planned because most of our relatives ended up getting the stomach virus. We had fun though. Julie and I just took the kids to Publix and some other places to find food and to try to get out of the house.
After taking leave of the house, we headed on to Memphis for the New Year's meeting. We all had a wonderful time and heard some good sermons. I always look forward to the Memphis meetings. Kara and I probably stayed up too late, but I don't believe we ever completely finished our visiting. After the meeting we stayed in Memphis for an extra day before heading on to Oklahoma and then home. I can now officially say that I've been to Oklahoma!
I can't tell you how happy I was to finally walk into my natural habitat! What's more is that the Second Season of Hogan's Heroes that I had ordered was waiting for me on my dresser! It's been great to be home!!!!
vendredi, janvier 12, 2007
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)

1 commentaire:
Land sakes alive!
Enregistrer un commentaire